Sunday, November 20, 2011

"Why Documentary?"

Get a preview of my new VLog which unconventionally answers the question, "Why 
Documentary?" That is....if you can follow it. 
I wanted to do something in an interpretive surrealism which incorporated elements of the city and aspects of my life (the clues are in there).  There is a conveyance of multiple time lines, perspectives, hinting on multiple dimensions, infinite possibilities, dual universes, etc.  The answer to the question is in the two minute film itself, but I gave a little something at the end to help focus the overall idea of the work.
I was actually VERY excited by this project because it allowed me to create something artistic
and produce a piece that is extremely representative of me - how my mind works, my stylistic vision, and how I process the things I see in the world.  It's a glimpse inside my head.
I hate the word "experimental".  I think it's a really weak solution to lop films with no specific  label into a category for everything that does not fit into conventional documentary.
When I screened this for the first time last week at New York Film Academy it got a fantastic response, although I may have heard the "E" word used once or twice. I'll use some Netflix terminology and file it under "Dark Cerebral Mind-Bending Introspective Documentary".  Ok, maybe that's a little much.


CHECK IT OUT ON VIMEO



Click this Link to view:
http://vimeo.com/32051138

No comments:

Post a Comment